Some people have already discovered the secret of maintaining their
Fish Pond using the floatron unit. This page
"Pond water before treatment with floatron"
includes some photos that
our customers have kindly sent in of their sparking clear fish ponds,
and more importantly - healthy fish!
We have also included some tips
on maintaining a healthy pond while using the floatron device.
Causes of Fish Stress
Fish stress is caused by a number of different factors including:
- Sudden Changes in PH. The PH value of the water will always
fluctuate to a certain degree, however large variations,
particularly over a very short period of time can cause large levels
of stress in your fish.
- Poor Water Quality. Although this is a broad term, it typically
refers to nitrogen compounds found in the water.
- Changing Water in the pond. Changing the water in your fish pond
to remove blanketweed and Algae can be very stressful to your fish.
The floatron unit eliminates the need to change the water
- Ammonia Nitrates. These are always going to be present in the
water at a certain level. The floatron unit it designed to control
micro-organism growth in you pond.
- Other Toxins in the Water. These can originate from many
sources, but are typically lawn fertilizers and other pesticides
that blow in with the wind or are washed into the water by rain. If
you suspect these sort of toxins are in your pond, it is recommended
you change the water. The floatron can be removed safely - it is
non-toxic and electrically safe to handle.